Stay up to date on all of our dental news and tips!
Teeth Whitening Solutions in Wheeling, IL
In a world with video calls, social media, and profile pictures, your smile is constantly on display. Having a bright smile to greet the world is a natural desire for most people and tooth color is often the number one complaint from those who are dissatisfied with their smile. If you are looking for teeth whitening solutions in Wheeling, IL, there are several out-of-office and in-office treatments to give you a dazzling white smile.
If your smile just needs a little freshening up, using whitening strips, or even a whitening toothpaste with baking soda can be all you need to clean up the surface and brighten your smile. But If you have deeper stains or have already tried over-the-counter options, asking your dentist for whitening treatments will be the best way to achieve that glamorous smile.
Over the Counter Treatment Options
- Whitening Strips: These over-the-counter whitening strips are used for 30 minutes, twice a day for a few weeks depending on the number of strips.
- Whitening Toothpaste and Mouthwash: This can aid in brightening your smile but will probably not produce a drastic change.
In-Office Treatment Options
- Tray Whitening: Your dentist will first take an impression of your teeth and then fit your teeth into the custom-made whitening trays at a follow-up appointment. Though the impressions and fitting will take place in the office, the actual treatment can be done at home at your convenience. Depending on the color you want, the trays may be worn twice a day for 30 minutes at a time or even overnight.
- In-office whitening treatments: If watching a clock is just not for you, coming to the office and leaving with a beautiful, bright smile may be the best option for you. The actual time in the chair can be on average 30 minutes to an hour unless your dentist has laser whitening treatments which can be a quick 20-minute process. Though results vary from person to person, most in-office whitening treatments last between 1 and 3 years.
- Porcelain Veneers: They are an excellent option for people who have broken, cracked, short, misshapen teeth, as well as, severely stained teeth from medications like tetracycline. Porcelain veneers are thin and are attached to the front of the tooth, concealing imperfections and giving you a life-long perfect smile.
Keeping up with good oral hygiene
Getting the most out of the whitening treatment you chose means keeping up with good oral care by:
- Brushing twice a day
- Flossing once a day and when needed
- Using a therapeutic mouthwash
If you are in Wheeling, IL, and are looking for a friendly, experienced dentist to whiten your smile, call Aristo Dental today!